Looking to hire international, remote UX designers that are experienced & have high English proficiency? Look into the Argentinian market.
In this post, we’ll share some of the latest results from a workforce survey conducted by UXArgentina. So, if you’re looking to get informed before recruiting an Argentinian UI/UX designer, you’re in the right place.
- Why you should hire an Argentinian UX designer
- UX designer salaries in Argentina
- UX designer hourly rates in Argentina
- How to find UX designers for hire in Argentina
Why You Should Hire an Argentinian UX Designer
You may open an international job position without a specific market in mind. But taking action on a local level (by advertising on local job boards or running a PPC campaign) can help you recruit the right candidates before your competitor does.
If you’re looking to hire a UX designer internationally, you should definitely consider paying specific attention to the Argentinian market.
But, what makes Argentina-based designers so competitive?
Argentinian UX designers are characterized by:
- High English proficiency
- Proficiency with top industry software
High English proficiency
Language barriers can be one of the biggest challenges when recruiting internationally. Did you know that Argentina has the highest level of English proficiency in LATAM, according to Education First’s English Proficiency Index.
In fact, Argentina ranks 62 points above the global average of 502. Other high-proficiency countries include:
- the Philippines
- the Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
According to UXArgentina, 77% of Argentinian UX designers have some type of higher education. In fact, 47% of Argentinian UXers have a college degree.
It’s worth mentioning that in Argentina, a college degree is usually a “Licenciatura”. And a “Licenciatura” is the equivalent of a Master’s Degree. Only 17% of American UX designers have a Master’s Degree.
Additionally, 66,3% of UX designers report having taken at least one UX course in the last year. And 70% of them report paying for their continued education themselves.
On top of that, 60% of UX designers regularly read blogs to stay updated on best practices and new tools.
Software adoption & proficiency
Chances are that an Argentina-based UX designer is already using the same design tools as your team. In fact:
- 92% of Argentinian designers use Figma for prototyping
- 35% use Photoshop for asset creation, while 85% prefer Figma
- The majority of Argentinian UXers use Figma, Jira and Notion for developer handoff
- 43% of Argentinian UX designers mention Maze as their tool of choice for gathering user analytics
- 63,8% of Argentinian UX designers are MacOS users
Argentina UX Designer Salaries
When trying to capture the best talent in a foreign market, it’s useful to understand what a competitive salary looks like for your candidates.
According to UXArgentina, the median salary for a UX designer is 350 USD. At the time of this calculation, the value of the US dollar was AR$350. At the time of this writing, it’s bordering 500 Argentinian pesos. However, to prevent confusion, we’ll maintain the rates as they appear on our source.
It’s worth noting that:
- Only 55% of independent designers peg their fees to the US dollar
- Only one-quarter of all salaried UX designers get paid in US dollars
- 66% of UXers get paid in Argentinian pesos
- 3% of UXers get paid in cryptocurrencies
- 33% of designers note that they're "generally" satisfied with their compensation
- 26% of designers are "a bit" satisfied with their compensation
- 25% of designers are happy with their compensation
- 15% of designers aren't happy with their compensation at all
Senior UX designer salary in Argentina
Semi-senior UX designers' monthly salaries are in the 380-3700 USD range. Seniors are in the 409-6500 USD range.
The highest-paid UX professionals in Argentina are those with Director, Lead, and Manager roles, whose monthly salaries are in the 993-15k USD range. These roles make up 6% of Argentina’s total UX workforce.
Senior UX designer hourly rate in Argentina
Assuming a workload of 40 hours per week, we could assess that the average hourly rate for Senior UX professionals in Argentina is between 3 and 54 USD. Variance is extreme, with the top senior UX designers making almost 20x as much as the worst-paid UXers in the same seniority level.
How to Hire UX Designers in Argentina
If you want to hire an Argentina-based UX designer, you need to know where to find them.
It’s worth noting that 80% of Argentina-based UX designers are active LinkedIn users
The lion’s share of Argentinian UX designers doesn’t participate in professional communities or meetups
However, those who do prefer:
- UXBS - Cristobal's Discord server
- Facebook Developer Circle
- Las de sistemas
- DesignOps Latam
- UX Friends
- UX Salon
- Service Design Club
- UXR Stories
- Design Core
- +Mujeres en UX
- Interactive Design Foundation
- Service Jams
- Hackaton UX Maimonides
- Product Tanks
- Mujeres en tecnología
- Service design drinks
The Most Sought-After Job Benefits for Argentina-Based UX Designers
Most UX designers value:
- Flexible hours
- Work from home
- Access to a company computer
- Training opportunities
- An Internet stipend
- Free snacks
- A gym stipend
A minority of UX designers also value:
- A car allowance
- Unlimited vacations
- Unlimited time off
- A transportation stipend
- Gift cards
- A gift card for delivery apps