Decentralization is revolutionizing the way the art industry is observed and financed. With DeFi, audiences are no longer mere observers but can become active participants in projects that they are passionate about. And that’s exactly what we did.
A collection of 10,499 NFTs, designed by emerging artists from countries where DeFi has changed the game rules, will in part fund Vitalik Buterin’s and its crew first-ever film appearance, based on Camila Russo's best-selling book.
This art project represented a cultural windshield moment in itself and didn’t come without its challenges.
We had to:
- Establish a communication strategy that properly framed TIM as a highly culturally relevant project. After all, An Ethereum movie can be seen as DeFi's entry into the mainstream
- Build a brand identity that represented both the art project and the movie, during its earliest stages
- Apply that identity to an intuitive, stand-alone website, which included a landing page and an NFT shop
- Thought of our media channels (Twitter, Telegram & Discord), not only as communicational but also as community-building platforms
- Set the project foundations in under 30 days
At Postdigitalist we design holistic solutions that have a domino effect throughout a project. As we solved the first challenge, the rest began falling into place.
What did we do?
- We crafted its brand image and visual assets, one that followed the aesthetic essence of Ethereum: with its characteristic soft-vaporwave illustrations and pastel tones.
- Our communications and marketing team worked on the brand's tone and voice, in order to making this innovative, avant-garde language available to millions of people.
- We managed to design and develop a website that was intuitive, fluid, and on-brand, as well as creating the brand’s image, tone, and voice: disruptive, but relatable.
- For the website, we used a lightweight and versatile low-code stack. That way, stakeholders can make content and structure changes with low developer reliance. Our development team also collaborated with TIM’s DeFi specialists, to create a simple and functional minting page, hosted in a decentralized way, and seamlessly connected to a custom smart contract.
In the first two months of our collaboration, we achieved:
- A 205,8% growth rate in our social media channels, with 445k interactions with our content in the last month.
- 474 backlinks from 104 referring domains.
- Laying the foundations for a community-driven project, disrupting the way in which film productions are thought and made.
- An immediate sell-out on the first OG Sale from the NFT Collection, raising 168 ETH (U$D 640k).